Talon Crisis Management Tool
Everyone prepared, everyone up to date and everyone on the same page
Talon puts all your crisis management, business continuity and emergency response plans in a clever mobile app. When a crisis hits, paper-based plans might not be at hand, and a cyber-security threat could make them totally unavailable. Talon puts all of your crisis information in one place – immediately and easily accessible to your team.
Even without internet access, on a mobile device
Independent of your own IT systems with high-level security
Everyone up to date and on the same page
Activate a crisis and alert your team
Easy to use
Virtually no learning curve
Easy-to-find checklists, contact lists and plans
Distribute in real-time from within the app
All crisis activity displayed in an activity feed
HOW DOES TALON WORK? WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
Stewart DaviesHead of Emergency Management Palmerston North City Council
Viv BullNapier Port, Culture and Capability Manager
Phil BateSupply Manager, Mobility Ingram Micro (NZ) Limited
Tania CribbPowerNet Compliance and Risk Advisor
Lachlan ThurstonManager Airport Performance, Wellington International Airport
Liz GoslingChief Information Officer, AUT
Ray WillowsRisk and Emergency Management, Contact Energy
Paul MilmineRisk and Research Advisor, Ports of Auckland
PRICING AND SETUP
Once your crisis plans and information have been uploaded, Talon is easily installed on mobile devices. It is maintained in the cloud - independent of your internal IT systems. Talon is invoiced on a monthly basis including 30 users (additional users charged per user), with a 30-day cancel anytime policy.
GET A TALON BROCHURE
Enter your details below
- Why Talon?Our clients have been asking for a mobile solution as an alternative to wallet cards, flip charts and paper plans. These paper-based resources need to be reproduced every time there’s an update.
- How does Talon work?
Kestrel has partnered with Wellington-based technology company, Showcase Workshop. It provides a mature and stable platform for Talon. Showcase Workshop has more than 10,000 global users, and a reputation for excellence.
- What support is available for Talon?Kestrel is your first port of call for Talon support, but we’re backed by Showcase Workshop’s helpdesk should there be a thorny technical issue.
- Where is Talon's data stored and how secure is it?Talon’s data is hosted securely by Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS data centres comply with many government and industry standards such as PCI DSS Level 1, HIPAA and ISO 9001. For more information see https://aws.amazon.com/security/
- Will Talon work when there's no internet connection?Yes, Talon caches the documents and data on the device, so you don’t need an internet connection to access information.
- What's involved in setting up Talon?Talon is independent of your internal IT systems, setup is very straightforward:
- Information in your existing plans and documents are uploaded and arranged on the Talon templates by Kestrel. If you don’t have a plan, we can help identify what you need.
- Kestrel sets up your users' accounts
- The free ‘Showcase Workshop’ app is available from the Apple App Store, Google Play store, Windows store and as a downloadable file. Once installed simply use your Talon log in.
- How is information changed in Talon?We include 12 hours of support for Talon information changes each year such as updating contact lists, replacing information on pages, adding and deleting users. As part of this support a monthly 15 minute consultation helps identify what changes are needed. We provide training for your Talon administrator to make simple changes such as additions and deletions to contact lists.